Saturday, December 29, 2012

[December] As Seen On...

In December, I had the opportunity to work with a fellow small business owner, a former classmate, and to end 2012 with a bang, I was featured in the December 28th edition of the Washington Post Express. For those living in the DC area, you know that the Express is the paper given out every morning at EVERY metro station. Just about every metro rider at least flips through the Express because there really isn't much else to do during that hellish commute on Metro lol. So that's MAJOR exposure considering the number of people who ride the metro each day *does the cabbage patch*. Check out the features below:

Washington Post Express (December 28, 2012)
I was contacted by the Express about a month ago to be featured in the paper, but they weren't exactly sure how or when I would be featured. So it was a nice surprise when I got an early morning text from a friend saying that she saw Gigee Marie in the Express (thanks Barb!). Since I don't ride the metro to work anymore, I dragged my boyfriend with me on a mission to the nearest metro station to pick up a copy 3 copies of the paper. And there it was...on page 19 :-)


7 Jaded (December 21, 2012)
I really do have to thank social media for connecting me with so many talented and inspiring people. Through Facebook, I had the pleasure of meeting Vanessa, the graphic designer behind 7 Jaded. Vanessa asked if I wanted to do a guest post on her blog, highlighting my holiday pieces and how you can style each piece. Of course I said yes! Check out the full post here.



Shop Happens (December 18, 2012)
Oh how I love my Terp family :-) Earlier this month, I reconnected with Erin, a former classmate from college. She has a blog called Shop Happens where she shares shopping knowledge and highlights Etsy (and other handmade) sellers. She interviewed me here. Thanks Erin!






Socialize with us!

2 comments: