Thursday, August 29, 2013

Recap: Gigee Marie Summer 2013


Heeeeyyyy! I know it has been for-e-ver since I last posted, and I'm really trying to do a better job of keeping the blog updated (but you can always follow Gigee Marie on InstagramFacebook, and Twitter, and subscribe to our newsletter for the latest.) Enjoy the pics and a quick recap of what's been going on in my world.....


It's been such a productive summer for Gigee Marie and as always, I'm looking for ways to grow the brand. As the designer and "manufacturer" of Gigee Marie, there's only so many bags that I can produce before I pass out lol! So I'm now working with a manufacturer to bring some of my other designs to life and produce my bags in larger quantities. The process is lengthy, but it's exciting to see something you put on paper come to life. I'm hoping to launch the new collection (as well as a slight brand refresh) this Fall :-)

The highlight of the summer was definitely being featured in the August issue of Marie Claire. Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming around here but then things like this happen and it gives me that extra boost to keep going. I also had the opportunity to speak to a group of high school girls at Red Sprinkle's Fashion Camp this summer. Red Sprinkle is a boutique consulting firm that caters to businesses in the beauty and fashion industries. In addition to consulting, they also organize a series of fashion camps which are designed to expose high school students to various career paths in fashion, from designing, to styling, PR and marketing, hair and makeup, etc.

Lastly, I had the opportunity to end my summer by heading out to Magic Market Week in Vegas. Magic Market Week is the most comprehensive global market for contemporary fashion and apparel sourcing. Simply put, it's the Mecca of fashion industry trade shows. It brings together fashion buyers, brands, designers, media, etc. to experience 10 trade shows and a series of seminars and networking.

Too bad Summer is almost over, but I hope you all had a fun Summer as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment